cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.1 Blank theme changes

SOLVED

Magento 2.1 Blank theme changes

Hi Alan,

It looks like 2.1 contains quite few changes to the blank theme, for example Magento_Checkout/layout files have gone. I assume this is because the changes that they made to blank have now been incorporated into Vendor > Module-checkout, is this the case?

Cheers

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2.1 Blank theme changes

I have not had a chance to explore personally, but there was an effort to do exactly what you described. Blank was supposed to be ... blank. Some layout changes snuck into the blank theme that should have been done to the core. The blank theme should be minimal and not contain any layout overrides. What it implied was if you created your own theme without inheriting from blank (which is a completely valid thing to do), then you would not get all the "fixes" because they had been done in the "blank" theme instead of the core.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I have not had a chance to explore personally, but there was an effort to do exactly what you described. Blank was supposed to be ... blank. Some layout changes snuck into the blank theme that should have been done to the core. The blank theme should be minimal and not contain any layout overrides. What it implied was if you created your own theme without inheriting from blank (which is a completely valid thing to do), then you would not get all the "fixes" because they had been done in the "blank" theme instead of the core.

Excellent, thanks for the explanation.