cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 CE and EE database schema difference

SOLVED

Magento 2 CE and EE database schema difference

We are developing a customized REST API based on Mag 2 CE version now, our plan is to migrate to Mag 2 EE version once we complete the development, just wondering what are the database schema difference between Mag 2 CE and EE version? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2 CE and EE database schema difference

The DB schema is defined by the set of modules loaded. You don't have to load all CE modules, or all EE modules, so there is no single schema defined. It depends on which modules you load.

Currently we do not have a published document that represents the database schema. There is the REST API documentation which defines the data structures in a more abstract way. There are tools that can visualize the schema of a MySQL database. I personally would like to develop a tool that can show the "Magento schema" (e.g. hides indexing tables as they are less interesting).

So for EE, you will find the same base tables, but possibly with some additional columns (additional EAV attributes do not require additional columns) and defintely some addition tables. But we don't throw away base tables and replace them with something completely different.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Magento Enterprise Edition codebase differs from Magento Community Edition codebase solely by a set of Enterprise Edition only modules.

When you upgrade from Magento Community Edition to Magento Enterprise Edition you need to update the code first and then the standard bin/magento setup:upgrade command will run the installation scripts for Enterprise Edition modules and it will upgrade your database automatically.

thanks for the answer, however, the question is about the difference in the db schema between magento 2.0 CE and EE, is there any official document we can reference to?

The DB schema is defined by the set of modules loaded. You don't have to load all CE modules, or all EE modules, so there is no single schema defined. It depends on which modules you load.

Currently we do not have a published document that represents the database schema. There is the REST API documentation which defines the data structures in a more abstract way. There are tools that can visualize the schema of a MySQL database. I personally would like to develop a tool that can show the "Magento schema" (e.g. hides indexing tables as they are less interesting).

So for EE, you will find the same base tables, but possibly with some additional columns (additional EAV attributes do not require additional columns) and defintely some addition tables. But we don't throw away base tables and replace them with something completely different.

I am going to mark as resolved as its the best answer I have, and "resolving" helps me track which ones I still need to work on.