cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master branch update before General Availability?

SOLVED

Master branch update before General Availability?

Will the git master branch be updated before GA (a la a merchant RC update), or will it coincide with the GA release date?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Master branch update before General Availability?

Latest news - yes, planning to do a release candidate "Real Soon Now". A week or two is likely. This will also help us rehearse things like more official patch processes.

Does this address your question? Or is there something still missing you need?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I need to check with the Engineering team on the exact sequencing. They are busily burning down bugs from testing just now, closing out the last things. I think it depends partly on when all the bugs are done to our satisfaction, and how long before GA that is. For example, do we shoot for release candidates first?  I will check for latest news.

Latest news - yes, planning to do a release candidate "Real Soon Now". A week or two is likely. This will also help us rehearse things like more official patch processes.

Does this address your question? Or is there something still missing you need?

Excellent. Thanks! We've got a number of master and develop installs, but we were interested in trying a few test upgrades from Merchant Beta to another official master branch to make sure the process works as we'd expect. We have a number of cutting edge clients building out already in the M2 Beta, so we wanted to test upgrades to the next master branch.  Smiley Happy