cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Configurations Attribute sort order.

Product Configurations Attribute sort order.

I am using the Demo data for Magento 2.0 
Trying to add some product configurations / Attributes like size, color, shape

Is there is way change the sort order of the options?  like Size color shape vs  color shape size

Also within the options is it possible to sort the options within like Red Green Blue,   If I want Red to be the first option.

Thanks., 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Product Configurations Attribute sort order.

You can reorder attributes with the mouse on a backend attribute set screen, and frontend product view screens will regard the new order.

Hello. I would to expand Dmirty's reply if you both don't mind.

The position of drop-downs themselves (size, color, shape) can be changed within configurable product itself. Open edit form -> Advanced settings -> Edit configurations - Attribute values step and with the help of drag&drop move attributes -

If you want to change position of options within the drop-down (Red, Green, Blue) you need to go to Stores -> Attributes (Product), find needed attribute and also using drag&drop with your mouse change position of options -

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

I thought that would work.  But it does not work on my Demo site with demo data. Running 2.0.1