cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats is the purpose of magento for keeping hash code in image path?

whats is the purpose of magento for keeping hash code in image path?

Actually I am developing an API in other language and All I am getting using the database but issue lies with the images path. AS resize() function create cached image path and cached image path can differ for every product (mainly due to the hash code folder because its dynamically generated folder at run time). Now for developing API I need to keep generic path but as hash code folder are different I am unable to create generic path for the images. Therefore I need some information so that I can do the changes in my magento code.

1.)I need to know why magento use hash code in image path while resizing the image?

2.) Are we covering any scalability issue or Performance issue by keeping hash code in image cached path?

3.) Can we hard code the hash code in file so every there will be single hash code?

1 REPLY 1

Re: whats is the purpose of magento for keeping hash code in image path?

Hi @Sunil_Jindal,

Those are very good questions. I think we can ask @akent99 for his point of view regarding this topic.

I moved this post to the "Just Ask Alan" forum. I also subscribed to the post since I am very interested on hearing his response.

Best regards.

Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.