cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Description Attribute

Amazon Description Attribute

HI, I'm totally new to Magento and having going through the learning curve but, one thing I can't get my head around is, when I create a new Amazon listing with a description which is more than 2000 characters long using M2E Pro, I'm told that I should set up a new attribute for this?

If I do this though will it not show on the website product area as well, plus I'm not exactly sure how to do this and would be grateful for any help with this please.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Amazon Description Attribute

When you created the attribute did you check the Attribute Storefront Property of attribute . You need to enable attributes " Visible on Catalogue Pages on Storefront " property . After enabling clear the cache and re-index all the indexers .

This will make your required attribute to show on front-end . 

Other than this I am sharing you my personal experience of using Amazon Integration other than M2epro . I've had same problem while product listing and Cedcommerce's Amazon Integration has a proper solution for this .

Like what happen is Amazon allows Description:
-- 1-2000 chars (including spaces and line breaks)
-- Html tags are not allowed.

It is very normal that magento description field may contain characters more than 2000 and can contain html tags.
So, Cedcommerce's Amazon Integration provides it in two ways:
1. Auto remove all html tags and unnecessary spaces, then strip the description to 2000 chars and upload the Magento description to Amazon.
2. Choose a different field than Magento Description (still validations are done) .

It helped me listing my products on Amazon with my kind of description . You could check their plugin here -

Amazon Integration