cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can child/simple listings be associated to more then 1 configurable listings?

Can child/simple listings be associated to more then 1 configurable listings?

I have a hat (Hat X) that comes in 10 sizes and is listed as a configurable with 10 associated simple listings for the size. 
I also customize this style to have a different hat band (Hat X+Y). How can I use the live inventory from Hat X to do this?

When I create a new configurable listing and try and associate Hat X's sizes they cannot be found.

At the moment I adjust the stock when one sells, but at Christmas time/peak season its hard to keep up with and over selling is a concern.
Any help appreciated, thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Can child/simple listings be associated to more then 1 configurable listings?

Hello!

In Magento to keep stock accurately, each associated simple product will be unique variation of attribute(s).

So for product A you will have 10 associated simple products: hat size X1, hat size X2 etc.

For product B you will have 2 attributes - size and hatband style, so in case you have 10 sizes and 3 hatband styles, you will have 30 associated simple products that represent unique combination of hat size and hatband style, like: hat size X1 style Y1, hat size X2 style Y2

hat size X1 and hat size X1 style Y1 will be different products with different inventory.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.