cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change price of product after qty sold

Change price of product after qty sold

I am currently running a web store and and would like to know if it is possible to do the following.

I have a product that is currently managed to a qty of 2 remaining in stock. I have more of this item but the buying price has changed and i need to up the price. 

I don't want to have to do this manually so is there any way that

1. Magento can replenish stock qty once the last 2 have sold

2. Magento can increase the price of the new qty?

Any help would be great. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Change price of product after qty sold

Hi Lewis,

It's an interesting question.

Looking at your example, if you had more inventory in your physical warehouse, but you hadn't inputted that into Magento, how would Magento know? Are you managing your inventory in another system, such as an ERP or POS software which could be connected? or are you in need of an inventory management system that will connect to Magento and update pricing and inventory on an ongoing basis?

Hi Robert,
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

I currently mange all stock manually through Magento.
I would love to be able to tell Magento that there is stock available, but i would need the new stock to have a price increase.

Is there any way i can automate any suck stock replenishment and implement a price increase/decrease at the same time? 

So, if you're not managing your stock or pricing in another system, and are only managing it in Magento, I see why this has been a manual task for you. Here are some thoughts on speeding up the process:

1) Off the shelf, you could import / export, to save time. In this case, you can export your product information and then import the data back with changes, such as changes to inventory and pricing. This is natively available under System --> Import/Export.

2) With an extension, you could make fields visible and editable in the Admin Product Grid (aka. Catalog --> Manage Products), instead of needing to go into each product listing and manually update these fields and save one product at a time. 

https://marketplace.magento.com/amasty-amasty-pgrid.html

3) There are other extensions that can help you to further manage inventory directly in Magento, such as https://marketplace.magento.com/boostmyshop-mdn-embeddederp.html . I'm not specifically a fan of any of these, but it's cheaper than getting and connecting a standalone ERP, WMS, or Inventory Management solution with Magento.

Hopefully, this helps!