cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9.3.6 HELP changed admin URL to custom but not path URL now admin URL gives me 404 error

Magento 1.9.3.6 HELP changed admin URL to custom but not path URL now admin URL gives me 404 error

I am new to magento.  My index.hml says admin and there is no admin/URL in my core_config_data.  Need to get into my store and have no idea how to fix this

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento 1.9.3.6 HELP changed admin URL to custom but not path URL now admin URL gives me 404 err

You can find your admin URL from app/etc/local.xml file,

<admin>
        <routers>
            <adminhtml>
                <args>
                    <frontName><![CDATA[admin]]></frontName>
                </args>
            </adminhtml>
        </routers>
    </admin>

Find portion with admin tag in xml and get value of frontName tag from above. 

Suffix with frontName tag in your base URL will your final admin url.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Re: Magento 1.9.3.6 HELP changed admin URL to custom but not path URL now admin URL gives me 404 err

Hello @judit_korner,

This is another way to change magento admin URL. But I can say some people make sever mistake on this step which creates more difficult to recover the magento URL. So if you are going through this step make your concentration and do what all the setting you will get from below.
Web interface means, by magento admin panel you can change your admin URL. So for this first go admin page and enter all credential and go to dashboard and follow below steps:

gp4kT.png

If you have any trouble then let us know,

Thank you.
--
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution"