cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Dataflow problem - other storefronts' "use default config" buttons get unchecked

Magento Dataflow problem - other storefronts' "use default config" buttons get unchecked

Hi, I'm new to using Dataflow to import products. Right now, the products I'm using Dataflow for are already in the system, I'm just adding content to description, updating prices, etc.

One of the imports I'm trying to do is import a couple of changes to 2 storefronts' prices. A store in Germany and a store in UK need their prices updated, so my spreadsheet has the following columns (XML format): store, sku, artist, status, activation_date, share_price, price

Artist is used in the context of a music artist (ex. Michael Jackson is the artist for Thriller), just to clarify that.

My problem is that when I import this data, the "use default config" checkboxes for name, description, short description, URL, and a couple others all get unchecked, even though those columns are not even present in the spreadsheet. Why does this happen?

For the record, I've also tried the same import, but including those columns (name, description, etc.) with empty fields. The same result happens. Some of the fields even wind up empty, too (I'm assuming because there is nothing filled in on those columns).

Also, if I add those relevant columns to the spreadsheet, is there a value I can put in that will make Magento use the default values for that field?

Thanks for any help. Also one more thing, I've tried using the import/export option that seems to be a bit more popular, but I really can't get it to work with my spreadsheets for some reason. So preferably a solution to make Dataflow work would be great.