cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying by PayPal returns the customer to manual Place Order page instead of auto completing order

SOLVED

Paying by PayPal returns the customer to manual Place Order page instead of auto completing order

I hope this is just something really simple I've missed...

I've just completed my first run through purchasing a product on a Magento 1.9.2.4 CE site I've just been putting together. The payment gateway is PayPal Payment Pro.

When PayPal returns you to the site, after paying, you end up on a page that asks you to Place Order. It also allows you to change shipping methods, which changes the cost, even though the customer has just paid.

How do I change this so that paying completes the order?

Here is the dev site: http://www.gtechniq.high-speed.net.au

I can't think of any other e-commerce site that makes you take extra action to complete the order after you've paid, so I feel like I am missing a setting somewhere. Otherwise I suspect my client will have lots of payments in PayPal and no completed ordered in Magento, especially as you have to scroll the page down to find the Place Order button (though I can always relocate that).

Thanks for any help!

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Paying by PayPal returns the customer to manual Place Order page instead of auto completing orde

Turns out is was simple, "Skip Order Review Step" needs to be set to Yes. If Payment Action is set to Sale, then the sale will completed automatically after payment

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Paying by PayPal returns the customer to manual Place Order page instead of auto completing orde

Turns out is was simple, "Skip Order Review Step" needs to be set to Yes. If Payment Action is set to Sale, then the sale will completed automatically after payment