cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned item - part refund, part store credit

Returned item - part refund, part store credit

I don't see how to process a return as part refund, part store credit in magento admin. Very common situation where customer pays for order partially with a credit card and partially with a store credit. Then she returns the item. I need to refund her credit card the amount she paid with it, and put the rest of the return on a store credit. (I supposed that could be a new store credit, or added to the store credit that she previously used as payment.) The credit memo seems to be either/or in this area. I can refund the card or I can issue a store credit. How can I do both for the same order?

Currently, I am processing these types of returns directly through the payment processor (PayPal for credit cards and PayPal payments; also use Amazon Payments.) I ask for two reasons. First, I want to streamline my process and do it all in magento. Second, I am looking at moving payment processing to Braintree (acquired by PayPal). But whereas paypal can send refund information back to magento, braintree cannot. So I would need to be able to do all refunds in magento.

I am using EE 1.14