cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHA-2 Support

SHA-2 Support

Does magento CE 1.9.1.0 supports SHA-2 SSL ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: SHA-2 Support

SHA-2 (also known as SHA-256) SSL Certificate is something that is handled on the server's side and if your server supports it, it will work with any applications including Magento. 

There is no specific settings that you will need to do to get a SHA-2 SSL Certificate to work with Magento. 

Yes, Magento does. But your certificate needs to be issued for SHA-2 support. If it isn't yet, you can simply reissue your certificate with SHA-2 support. 

Hi, 

I just read your comment on SHA1 certificate 

Apparently this will be invalid by the end of the year and all certs need to change to SHA2 

Do I need a programmer to do this, is the process simple?

Thanks 

@nadiatarrSorry for the delayed reply as I was caught up with many projects at the end of last year so I have not been checking the forum until now. 

You can test if your SSL Certificate is using SHA-1 or SHA-2 (SHA-256) with this link:-

https://shaaaaaaaaaaaaa.com/

Changing your SSL Certificate to SHA-2 is very simple as it just involves reissuing the SSL Certificate with your SSL provider and reinstall it in your server (usually under your hosting control panel). 

You do not need your programmer to do this. If you installed the SSL Certificate yourself, you should be able to follow similar steps to achieve this.