cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show a seasonal item but stop it from being purchased

Show a seasonal item but stop it from being purchased

I want to be able to show an item, only sold during the 4th quarter, but not allow it to be purchased.  I tried leaving the Grouped product enabled and disabled the 2 items that are Associated Products of the grouped product.  However, when you do not have enabled products for the Grouped Product then the Grouped product does not show anymore.  With the grouped product enabled and I manually go to the url redirect for it, I can still do that and it just displays a message, "No options of this product are available.".  That is perfect because then the items cannot be added to the cart.  I would like someone to still be able to get to that page and I will just change the image to also include text stating it is only a 4th quarter item.  Any suggestions that could be used in the Magento Admin Panel?  Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Show a seasonal item but stop it from being purchased

@greg28818, In order to add content dynamically some customizations, are required which handle such scenario dynamically. however, if you're not a developer then another way is to use Widget, over there you have to manage things manually. Create a new widget, select a static block, in layout option choose your product type and choose your products where you want to show this message. Hope this helps.!

Cheers

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.