cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There has been an error processing your request

There has been an error processing your request

Hi guys, just installed magento using the wizard with a fresh install on a new VPS hosted with godaddy.

I got an error to increase the memory limit so I did in the php.ini file to 256m and now I get this error here on my site:

The PDO extension is required for this adapter but the extension is not loaded
Trace: #0 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(248): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->setFetchMode(2) #1 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(175): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->__construct(Array) #2 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(110): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->_newConnection('pdo_mysql', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element)) #3 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Abstract.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->getConnection('core_write') #4 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Abstract.php(350): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract->_getConnection('write') #5 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Abstract.php(335): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract->_getWriteAdapter() #6 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Cache.php(53): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract->_getReadAdapter() #7 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Cache.php(478): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Cache->getAllOptions() #8 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Cache.php(520): Mage_Core_Model_Cache->_initOptions() #9 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1183): Mage_Core_Model_Cache->canUse('config') #10 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(414): Mage_Core_Model_App->useCache('config') #11 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(294): Mage_Core_Model_Config->_canUseCacheForInit() #12 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(413): Mage_Core_Model_Config->loadModulesCache() #13 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules() #14 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array) #15 /home/dannyshaw88/public_html/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store') #16 {main}

I also made the addhandler uncommented out in the httaccess file and I still get this error, how can I fix it please? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: There has been an error processing your request

This means PHP is not set to load the PDO MySQL extension. You should add that via cpanel if it's an option, or talk to Go Daddy support about how to load PDO MySQL in PHP.