I am tearing my hair out here! I am trying to import new products from a csv file.
Here is the link to the file which has 5 products in it:
I have searched these forums and Google and have managed to come up with the following solutions, none of which have worked:
1. Save .csv as UTF-8 Encoding without BOM - Nope, no difference
2. Ensure that the following fields are present in the .csv: https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/required-csv-file-values-for-error-free-magen... - This made no difference
3. Check for invalid characters in the file. - I tried that using Notepad++ and nothing.
Any help anyone can give will be MUCH appreciated.
it seems your CSV format is okay so can't argu more on that.. Basically it needs to check the cause by debuging.. For quick solution, why dont you set SKU as unrequire. Go on Catalog >> Attributes >> Manage Attributes.
Search "Sku" and set required as No.
hope it helps you
I figured out that because I was using a pipe delimiter for the columns AND a comma for the text fields, Magento was getting upset. So I changed to using a pipe as a delimiter AND text qualifier and that seemed to mollify it. I just had to make sure Magento understood that the first row of data in the text file contained only columns.
Thanks for the tip though, it's been a real head scratcher.
Good to hear that you've get solution of your problem..