cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Sum Checkout Problem

Zero Sum Checkout Problem

Good day,

I have a problem. Last week I set an article to 0€ and activated the Zero Sum Checkout, everythnig worked fine, the payment process was skipped and calculation would start when you clicked on the item. But now I get the normal checkout process and the Zero Sum Option isn`t even displayed. Magento 1.9.3.7

Could you please help?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

FelixCashier.PNG

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Zero Sum Checkout Problem

Hi @felix_groh ,

Free payment (Zero Subtotal Checkout) will active when your cart total is 0. So you need to check if your cart total is 0 or not. Any precision value not allowed in this case. If cart total is 0.01 will not activate your payment method. So check that.

The following method is responsible for visible in frontend: Mage_Payment_Model_Method_Free

/**
 * Check whether method is available
 * @param Mage_Sales_Model_Quote|null $quote
 * @return bool
 */
public function isAvailable($quote = null)
{
    return parent::isAvailable($quote) && !empty($quote)
        && Mage::app()->getStore()->roundPrice($quote->getGrandTotal()) == 0;
}

-----
If Issue Solved, Click Kudos and Accept As solutions.
Sohel Rana, 7x Magento 2, 2x Magento 1 Certified

Re: Zero Sum Checkout Problem

Hard to say what caused it to stop showing up. I'd recommend going back to verify the basics.

Is the Zero Subtotal checkout still enabled? Is it enbaled for the webstore you're looking at? Is it available for the country you're trying to check out from? Do you have any shipping or tax / VAT applying to the cart when you test? or is it a truly $0 total?

If none of this is causing the issue, have you checked or Magento logs for anything that could be related?

Also, are you using any checkout extensions, like a one-step checkout? If so, have you reached out to the extension developers to see if it's a known conflict or issue?

Best of luck!