cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catalog rule does not work

catalog rule does not work

I created a rule in the catalog for all products with a 30% discount from 19/11 to 25/11, but prices are always the same, do I need a cron job? how can I check if cron job is active? which command in cron job should I run to update all catalog prices with the discount I made? thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Re: catalog rule does not work

Hello @hypnos761,

1. To apply a new rule immediately, do one of the following:C
    Click the Save and Apply button.
    From the Catalog Price Rules list, click the Apply Rules button. https://www.screencast.com/t/lpRkkTSjoxu
    price-rules-catalog.png

2. When you create a new price rule, it might take an hour or so for it to become available. Allow enough time for it to get into the system. Then, test the rule to make sure that it works correctly. Unless otherwise specified, price rules are automatically processed with other system rules each night.

To check cronjob working on site or not

Take a view to your MySQL Database > table cron_schedule. There are all magento created jobs with timestamp of creation, scheduled, executed and their status.

If anything wrong, then look for the cron job in the table and see if there is any log in the message column.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

hello, thanks for your reply. I applied the rule, but I did not solve it. In the cron_scedule table there are only job code: "core_email_queue_send_all"

You need to click on Save and Apply button from backend Catalog Rule section to affect catalog rule in Storefront.

You might be created catalog rule and only press Save button instead of Save and Apply button on specific catalog rule page.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Hi, yes I have pressed the save and apply button, but the problem has not been solved, can it depend on the cron job? thanks

Try setting the start date to yesterday's date.