cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best values for Index Management.

Best values for Index Management.

Hello,

I'm using Magento 1.9.2 and I want to know what is the best values for "Index Management"?

"Manual Update" or "Update on Save"? 

indexing.png

I set all of these options to "Update on Save", but my server performance decreased and memory become full.

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Best values for Index Management.

Hi @jason_long 

I will provide you little information about it.

Update on save will fire some (indexing related) events after a product is saved, so a full re index won't be necessary after product updates. Manual mode won't fire anything, so product updates will run faster, but you'll need to re index everything in order to see some changes in frontend

Note that "product updates" does mean some front-end processes too, not only back-office. For instance, depending by your site configuration, some stock events could be fired during checkout, making it slower if indexes are Update on save

When dealing with a big catalog, the usual method is to have all indexes in manual mode, and then re index everything via cron every X hours.

Thanks

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution".

Hi @jason_long,

You can get detailed info in the below magento document.  

https://docs.magento.com/m1/ce/user_guide/system-operations/index-modes.html

I hope it will help you!

Thus, It is depending on the shopping. I changed "Product Prices" to "Update on Save".

I see below error:

Caution !! It seems that cron is not working on your server, ERP requires cron to work properly.

How can I see the Cron?

Hi @jason_long 

You can follow the point 2 in below link for Cron Setting.

http://documentation.boostmyshop.com/embedded_erp/3_configuration.html

Let me know if you stuck anywhere.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution".

Hi,

If you've ever created any Cron Job then you can check it by going to var/log/debug.log of your store and you will see the text Cron run successfully.

Go to 
cron_schedule table (database) and you will see a new entry in it with the name your Cron job which you've added.

I hope it works for you.