cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I migrate from shared hosting to VPS without losing important data and site's structure?

Highlighted

How can I migrate from shared hosting to VPS without losing important data and site's structure?

Hello,
I am using shared hosting from 3 4 months on my WordPress site's Initially they were working fine like page insight and load time was perfect but when i loaded them with some content they becoming slow day by day, A friend of mine suggested me to use Magento VPS hosting

it comes with fast backend and front end, please tell me the actual benefits of VPS server over shared hosting and share some reviews of Magento hosting when I, also how can I migrate my websites successfully without losing my data.
My one Site ( carssulacare has 20 visits per & 2nd paintballmaskarena has 10 visits per day).
both websites are loading with images plugins and CSS developed without a page builder.
please let me know the backend performance and front end performance of VPS server.
THANK YOU

page insight images2.jpg

3.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: How can I migrate from shared hosting to VPS without losing important data and site's structure?

Are you planning to shift your website from WordPress to Magento? 

If you are just shifting your WordPress websites from one server to another, there will be no changes to the website's structure and no data loss if the migration is handled correctly.

If you are planning to shift from WordPress to Magento, you will most likely need to rebuild your website and then export + import the data over. 

Highlighted

Re: How can I migrate from shared hosting to VPS without losing important data and site's structure?

Hi,

You can follow below steps to migrate your wordpress website to VPS.

But you can do that if you are using Cpanel.

Login to hosting panel example Cpanel login to cpanel and follow the icon backup generate full backup home directory and download on PC and connect filezila or any FTP client and upload on VPS or dedicated server root directory then login whm and follow backup option and click restore full back search uploaded user name file then start restore

Are you using cpanel right now?