cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local host - Magento admin pages performance issue

Local host - Magento admin pages performance issue

Hi,

I am new to magento and exploring its features before I build my own ecommerce platform.

My current setup - 

1) Windows 7 local host

2) WAMP SERVER (64 Bit & PHP 5.5) 2.5

3) Magento community edition - ver 1.9.1.1

4) Sample dataver 1.9.1.0

The challenge I am facing - 

1) Able to login to admin portal without any concern. 

However any operations e.g. catalog update runs into performance issue. The actions does not take place if I try to do any activity by doing a "Select All" , the operations are happening if I try to do any operation at individual entry level.

Need you advice on how to fine tune to improve the performance and resolve the above issues.

Regards

Siddartha Prasad 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES

Re: Local host - Magento admin pages performance issue

I think you meet the problem with RAM. How 's your PC free RAM?

Thanks a ton for your reply.

That might be a possible reason as my Memory usage is showing 70-80% when i launch Mangento admin. 

I will try to go through the links provided by you and see if helps and revert accordingly.

Regards

Sidd

Hi,

I went through the links (thanks for sharing them). However I am not at a stage where I want a hosting solution as I am only exploring Magento right now.

Let me know if you have any suggestions on optimising local host Magento solution.

Regards

How much RAM do you have? A local Windows environment is not the most optimal place to host a Magento store so you may face such issues especially if your computer does not have enough resources to run it. 

James Lee | Moderator • Magento Master
See My Recommended Magento Hosting & Security Tips