cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local host or hosting for test?

Local host or hosting for test?

I would like to start using Magento to build a demo of my web portal, which is an intermediate platform or an Aliexpress-type market.
Can I do this from the local host or do I need a hosting for what extensions and themes work and if necessary to customize them?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Local host or hosting for test?

You can setup a local environment in your computer if you know how to set everything up and have time to do so.

If you want to get things up for testing fast, going with an inexpensive Magento focused hosting service will be much easier and you don't have to worry about any incompatibilities or any additional setup.

@andrés _fernandez1 wrote:

I would like to start using Magento to build a demo of my web portal, which is an intermediate platform or an Aliexpress-type market.
Can I do this from the local host or do I need a hosting for what extensions and themes work and if necessary to customize them?

You may need to look around and see if there's anything else is causing the redirect to the live site, for example hardcoded links.

If you can't get this to work at worst case you may want to consider setting a host entry at your local computer to point the live domain to your local environment instead so you do not need to change the Base URL.

Hope this help

Regards

Emma Smith

https://aboutpetguide.com/

Thankyou for answer Social Media marketing  !

If you're looking for a quick and easy way to set up a testing environment, opting for an affordable hosting service that specializes in Magento can be a convenient choice. This allows you to avoid the hassle of dealing with compatibility issues or extensive setup processes.