cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9 extremely slow, time outs and cache issues

Re: Magento 1.9 extremely slow, time outs and cache issues

Every time I post it it vanishes, is a mod removing it?

@jimbobber wrote:

Every time I post it it vanishes, is a mod removing it?

It looks like your response got flagged by our automated anti-spam system somehow. I've set it to not spam so it should show up now. 

The error "SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections" means that you are exhausting the maximum connection limit of your server's MySQL. 

Since you are on shared hosting you will most likely not be able to adjust this limit in any way. 

If there are too many files in your var/report directory to the point where you are running out of Disk Space, it may be the cause of why you aren't able to login to Magento Admin. Try clearing out files that are not important to free up disk space and see if you can login after that. 

Hi, thanks for the help there, again Smiley Happy

I have deleted lots of old files and confirmed with the host that I am below my storage quota.

Am I to just request more MySQL resources too?

I am not sure what I can do about that, however I can upgrade to a 'balanced database' if that helps?

If you are on shared hosting chances are you won't be able to request for more MySQL resources and instead you'll either need to switch host or upgrade to a VPS, Cloud Server or Dedicated Server.

Ok thanks,

Since the newest log file talks about the invalid image, is there any way I can find out what that is? I can delete image files using FTP perhaps?

Edit: I have found a local Magento dev, so hopefully they can help too Smiley Happy

No, deleting image files will not help with the problem.

To solve the "Unsupported image format" error, you will need to try the solutions below which I've stated:-
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15966668/cannot-add-image-through-magento-cms-wysiwyg-editor

If you are unfamiliar with all these, it sounds to me like you either need a new host, a web developer or even both to resolve your problem.

Thanks, I did try that solution but nothing changed.

I am at as loss now, not sure what to do

Edit - I have found a local dev, so hopefully they can also help Smiley Happy

Do let us know what the developer says once they take a look at it. 

The dev said the hosting is not up to it, it's frustrating because the site did work, but now, not so much.

The hosting company have come back with this though:

[Tue Feb 13 17:46:02.360492 2018] [fcgid:warn] [pid 47095] [client 95.108.181.59:40026] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 60 seconds
[Tue Feb 13 17:46:02.360529 2018] [core:error] [pid 47095] [client 95.108.181.59:40026] End of script output before headers: php56-cgi
[Tue Feb 13 17:46:13.220504 2018] [fcgid:warn] [pid 47425] [client 96.44.190.85:47636] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 60 seconds, referer: domain name removed
[Tue Feb 13 17:46:13.221235 2018] [core:error] [pid 47425] [client 96.44.190.85:47636] End of script output before headers: php56-cgi, referer: domain name removed

So I will try and find out what mod_fcgid is and disable it through the config files for modules