cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to A New Server....How Does This Affect E-Mails?

SOLVED

Moving to A New Server....How Does This Affect E-Mails?

We're moving both of our Magento stores to a new server, and we're curious about how this will impact customer e-mails during the process.  Let's say a customer places an order on the old server before we make the switch, and the order gets shipped after we point the domain name to the new server.  The customer's information will be on the old server but not on the new server.  Will the customer still receive their shipping confirmation e-mail from the old server even though the domain name is not associated with it anymore?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Moving to A New Server....How Does This Affect E-Mails?

You emails are tied to you domain name so moving to a new server won't impact your emails. You should test the new server to make sure it is sending emails of course

Magento Moderator since 2009
Keep Calm and Clear Cache!

View solution in original post

Ok great! I just wanted to double check and make sure I was clear with my question.  Anyway, thanks for the help you two!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You emails are tied to you domain name so moving to a new server won't impact your emails. You should test the new server to make sure it is sending emails of course

Magento Moderator since 2009
Keep Calm and Clear Cache!

Just so we're clear, even though the customer's information wouldn't be on the new server, they still would get their e-mails anyway?

If you process the order on the old server, then yes, the customer would get the email delivered from the old server. It would not be blocked.

Ok great! I just wanted to double check and make sure I was clear with my question.  Anyway, thanks for the help you two!