cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Cart, Slow Website

Re: Slow Cart, Slow Website

So I suspect the problem is actually your DB optimisation or resources. When you move to a VPS you should see a better checkout time provided the DB has been optimised correctly.
--
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

@Stuart M I manually optomised the database by truncating and optimisng the following:

1. dataflow_batch_export
    dataflow_batch_import
    log_customer
    log_quote
    log_summary
    log_summary_type
    log_url
    log_url_info
    log_visitor
    log_visitor_info
    log_visitor_online
    report_viewed_product_index
    report_compared_product_index
    report_event

can I do anymore to optimise it?

That is all other then reducing your core_url_rewrites if you have any and if your using core_cache table consider using a different cache like file or memory (redis or memcache).
--

I have disabled the standard cache system but failed to setup reddis as I am not that code savvy. I was stuck at the part where you add the code from local.xmladditional to local.xl

@GymGeek wrote:

I have disabled the standard cache system but failed to setup reddis as I am not that code savvy. I was stuck at the part where you add the code from local.xmladditional to local.xl

I doubt you will be able to use Redis with a normal shared hosting account? 

Anyway I agree with @Stuart M that the bottleneck is with the database. The MySQL database in your VPS will need to be properly tuned as well as optimized and it should improve the loading speed. 

Besides that, what is the specification of the VPS that you are getting? You need to be sure to go with a decent VPS as a lower end one (less than 2GB of RAM for example) may end up performing slower than shared hosting. 

the VPS is 2gb ram and 2 cores.

my current admin is pretty much failing at every step so are either one of you up for being hired to set up the vps and increase the speed time for me? @JLHC @Stuart M

it has been 3 months now and enough is enough of guessing, I need some professional help now

@GymGeek wrote:

the VPS is 2gb ram and 2 cores.

my current admin is pretty much failing at every step so are either one of you up for being hired to set up the vps and increase the speed time for me? @JLHC @Stuart M

it has been 3 months now and enough is enough of guessing, I need some professional help now

I can't speak for @Stuart M but unfortunately for me, we only setup and optimize our own servers. Optimization is also an ongoing process so it is not something you can set it up and leave it. 

Is your VPS managed? If it is managed, your provider should be able to tune it for you. If it is not managed, you should hire someone (usually a server management company) to tune it or go with a managed one instead. 

Would be happy to assist however subject to what provider you are using for your VPS host as some would cause more problems then performance gain.

If you don't mind me asking what is your monthly budget for a VPS as Amazon EC2 is very good in my opinion.

You might also want to get a quote from @JLHC and see if that is affordable Smiley Wink

--

@Stuart M @JLHC

The VPS is unmanaged and is coming to and end this month anyway, it has never been used as we never managed to get it running. So for now can either one you optimise the website for me? enabl e the correct cache system, optimise settings etc so we can get it as fast as we can for on the standard hosting server and then we can go on to a VPS?

You have limited to no control over standard hosting so really you need the VPS. As above get a quote from @JLHC and see where that goes
--