cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website build issues?

Website build issues?

We had our website built around 5-6 months ago on a new domain http://www.kustomkitgymequipment.com  which was redirected from our previous domain (which ranked well and had no. 1 listings ) www.kustomkitgymequipment.co.uk .

Why did we switch your probably asking:

The domain was changed to a .com to target international traffic and the new website was produced as our previous woo commerce site was becoming sluggish due to the amount of products

We weren’t appearing for months in any of the search rankings until we discovered that the .co.uk domain hadn’t been probably redirected. This was resolved and we have since been working on our SEO trying to improve our rankings.

The site seems to have stalled and is low on rankings or not being found at all! This is leading me to believe there is some form of problem with the website coding, design or accessibility which is hiding content from google

A couple of key points I have identified as potentially causing an issue are :

-The descriptions are put within a 'dropdown' style box? Is this likely to hinder googles ability to crawl description text properly?

-The website does not show on Android mobile phone browsers or Mozilla firefox (on my desktop) i’m unsure why this is, how to fix it or if it would cause any issue with our rankings?

When testing the website on nibbler and other testing sites the main issues seem to be associated with the following. 

The faults lying with the website build or quality seem to have been reinforced by the likes of Nibbler and Woo rank experiencing problems in crawling the site, I believe the google robot may be having the same issue?

If you look at the reports below you will see the following errors: 

http://nibbler.silktide.com/en/reports/www.kustomkitgymequipment.com
http://try.powermapper.com/Reports/fefe4c89-5a01-42cf-bb4f-c2a148a7a3ab/report/map.htm
https://www.woorank.com/en/www/kustomkitgymequipment.com

Headings - All the pages tested say there are no headings yet each one has a heading on it?

Meta Tags - It is showing as no Meta tag on our homepage when there clearly is one assigned to this page?

Amount of content - The amount of content is showing as 0 words on pages (including our home page) but they do have words on there? Could this be an issue google is facing?

Mobile Optimisation - It is not detecting that the site is optimised for use on mobile and tablet, im wondering if this is what google is also doing and this is pushing us to the back of the queue?

To test our theory I got a business associate (in a totally unrelated field with a poor website) to upload a page of content on one product we sell. Within 2 days his basic 1&1 home made website outranked mine, his website has very few backlinks and a low score on alexa etc

My friends website is 

http://www.metfresh.co.uk/combo-rack/

My website is

https://www.kustomkitgymequipment.com/kombo-rack.html?options=cart

We both looked to rank for the following keywords and you can see the positions below within a week

Combo power lifting rack - Metfresh Page 2/Position 1, Kustom Kit Page 3/Position 9
Combo rack - Metfresh Page 2/Position 7, Kustom Kit (NOT FOUND IN FIRST 10 PAGES)

I really don’t know where to begin as the person who built the site isn’t interested and other web developers say there is nothing wrong with it? Why is it performing a lot worse than my previous wordpress site yet offers a better user experience and a poor quality site outranks me within days?

I would appreciate any responses on the issue, many thanks, Kim Smiley Happy 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Website build issues?

Hello. I totally understand your point. 

Please check your back-end, there might be a nofollow, no index meta present in the website. 

and to get the website responsive , have you done the process as below:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en-us">
<head>
<style>
.city {
    float: left;
    margin: 5px;
    padding: 15px;
    max-width: 300px;
    height: 300px;
    border: 1px solid black;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>

<h1>Responsive Web Design Demo</h1>

<div class="city">
  <h2>London</h2>
  <p>London is the capital city of England.</p>
  <p>It is the most populous city in the United Kingdom, with a metropolitan area of over 13 million inhabitants.</p>
</div>

<div class="city">
  <h2>Paris</h2>
  <p>Paris is the capital of France.</p>
  <p>The Paris area is one of the largest population centers in Europe, with more than 12 million inhabitants.</p>
</div>

<div class="city">
  <h2>Tokyo</h2>
  <p>Tokyo is the capital of Japan.</p>
  <p>It is the center of the Greater Tokyo Area,  and the most populous metropolitan area in the world.</p>
</div>

<div class="city">
  <h2>New York</h2>
  <p>The City of New York is the most populous city in the United States.</p>
  <p>New York is an important center for international diplomacy and has been described as the cultural and financial capital of the world.</p>
</div>

</body>
</html>

You are hosting on Siteground, that's very much game over. To offset the horrible lack of intangible SEO you need to perform a huge amount of business SEO including backlinks, press releases, over the next 6-12mths. You will unfortunately never be able to offset it, your page loads are 10s which Google will just ignore and you will rarely get any conversions, the target is 1-2s. Basically you will have to start again from zero and even with 1-2s hosting it will take you a long time. The only way to fast track it is via hosting clusters or having a lot of writers produce content and flooding the media.

Few points quickly:

a) How many redirects did you make? Too many are not recommended

b) Content is drop down is bad practice, main content should be visible

c) Was the previous site ranking?

Magento Extensions and Services Provider

Best Rated Extensions
Top Notch Support and Service