cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What type of server and hosting for magento ?

What type of server and hosting for magento ?

Hello I have this offer : https://www.ovh.com/fr/hebergement-web/offres-performance.xml ( Performance 1 ).

But I encounter quite a long time for the homepage of my site. What do you recommend ?

In my theme I have a css minify js extension what cela is it ?

How to optimize magento?

Thank you in advance for your reply

Kévin

10 REPLIES 10

Re: What type of server and hosting for magento ?

all depends on, how many SKU's you have, how many users that comes to your site, how many chnages happen on a day.

make sure the following, you have optimized your mysql db, and using APC like php cashing system, also you can look for solutions like full page cashing and CDN's like cloudflare.

Kévin,

It's possible the VPS you're using with 1 core and 2 GB of RAM is also overloaded/oversold, such that I/O is impacted heavily. Also, 1 core for a larger Magento store is probably not enough.

For PHP, make sure Zend OPCode Cache is enabled. Make sure gzip compression is enabled in .htaccess, zlib compression in PHP, and browser side caching is implemented.

For MySQL, make sure it is optimized for a small query cache, has adequate memory allocated for InnoDB.

Look at adding a Full Page Cache extension like Lesti or Extendware. Make use of a CDN for off-loading images, js, and css files.

The server requirements is not really good to check the magento performance. Any hosting provider now always provide the trial time for users to test their service so that you are free to try many hosting you need. And just need to do black box check like this after installing magento:

- Load entire of page less than 2 seconds (for any page)

- Check google insight for server response time https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ . Only check server response time and see if it less than 1 second

- The hosting provider is big name and have dedicated support team

These 3 simple steps can help you filter a lot of not good magento hosting.

Hello, first of all thanks for all the replies obtained. But I am a bit confue.

I have several simple products and configurable products over 3500 products in all I will not conceal the fact that in the future I would like to add several new products I have several simple products and configurable products over 3500 products in all I will not conceal the fact that in the future I would like to add several new products I have one step checkout The first thing to do I think its would already be all products on the site and apr ès optimize no?

I would like to apologize for my English. I use a translator. I only speak french Smiley Happy

I want to test my shop here is what its gives: 

You think what?

An answer if you please?

Most of the recent Magento versions will also run without issue on PHP 5.5, you'll want to look into a host with SSD servers if possible and dedicated resources. Magento is very bad at sharing, especially MySQL. Zend OpCache/redis are great, as well. 

The exact server size is mostly dependent on the traffic, given the same software stack page loads will be the same on a single request with 1 core/4GB of RAM or on 32 cores with 128GB of RAM, as an example. 

Thanks for your reply. I would like to take something correct that in the future if I am adding other products that magento does not slow down.

Here is the address of my site as you can see the site is very slow on the homepage : http://hairqualitybuy.fr

you show us an outside, the problem is inside. 

23 seconds to load a page, there is something wrong with your server configuration.

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization