cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hosting one store on a different server

SOLVED

hosting one store on a different server

I have three stores connected to the same magento backend, I need to open a fourth store but its developed by someone else and will be hosted on a different server. is that a problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: hosting one store on a different server

As long as it's on a separate domain or subdomain I can't see why it would be a problem.  It'll just be a separate site. 

Potential issues depending on how your business setup works could be inventory (they will be separate on the different sites unless you have a central stock management that synchs to the various sites).  Customer records only available on each server (if you share customer accounts between sites).

Richard Cleverley
Magepim Ecommerce Services

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: hosting one store on a different server

As long as it's on a separate domain or subdomain I can't see why it would be a problem.  It'll just be a separate site. 

Potential issues depending on how your business setup works could be inventory (they will be separate on the different sites unless you have a central stock management that synchs to the various sites).  Customer records only available on each server (if you share customer accounts between sites).

Richard Cleverley
Magepim Ecommerce Services