My previous hosting was hacked and I lost control on it, that's why i decided to use another service. Before my hosting was hacked, I have made the backup of my website, DB and Home Directory separately. I tried to use backup service (cpanel) and restore my site DB and Home directory files were restored, but nothing changes (default home of magento). May be I need to delete all files before I will try to restore my website once again? Or may be delete all files and then unpacked on the server my homepage backup using ssh and then import my backup database?
If you have a backup, here's what you can do:-
In this case, you need to do it manually.
- Download the backup version
- Unzip -> you will see the folder structure and database
- Upload to the new hosting with the same structure
- Configure database
- Clear cache folder
Follow these steps to move your site to another hosting:
1. Upload all code files to new hosting
2. Create new database on your new hosting
3. Import database from your .sql file to this new database
4. Go to /app/etc/local.xml and change database info according to the new database.
5. Point your domain to new hosting
Check if your site works
Here is a process to do it manually.
Download the backup data first on your computer.
Unzip the backup data folder and you will see the folder structure and database
Upload your all data to new hosting space.
Go ahead and configure the database.
Do not forget to clear the cache and trying running on both platform local and server
Very good luck!