cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting Terms & Conditions During Checkout

Accepting Terms & Conditions During Checkout

Hi, 

I'm hoping I can receive some help here. I've enabled Terms & Conditions for the checkout page, however there's a slight alteration that I need. When placing an order without ticking the terms and conditions box, a small pop up window displays detailing "An error occurred:
Please agree to all the terms and conditions before placing the order."

I would like to know if there is a way to remove the "An error occurred:" text? 

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Accepting Terms & Conditions During Checkout

Hi @I_K22,

What if you create a new validation rule and apply that new rule to that field. Then you'll be able to handle in a better way the error message (for example, triggering a modal or something similar)

Hi,

Are you using any module for checkout? If so, could you name it here please?

Hi asrarau,

I'm not using any module for the checkout.

You will have to use a module to change the way this is being used.

Explain what exactly you trying to do. If you want user to accept terms and conditions they click on it if not it will display Please agree to all the terms and conditions.

Is this not doing that?

Hi drillsar12,

Everything is working fine, however when the user does not tick the terms and conditions box, and they proceed to place an order, a pop up box displays detailing that they will need to agree with the terms and conditions before placing the order.

In this image, this is what the pop up box looks like: http://pasteboard.co/2yycQ28vg.png

I simply would just like to remove the "An error occurred" text, as shown in the link

Do you want the customer to accept the conditions? If not just go to Sales>Terms and Conditions and click disable.

can you find the exact ‘error’ part from the ajax alert in Mage_Checkout module or in opcheckout.js. When you find that, just change that text.

Let me know if how you went about on this one :-) 

I do want the customers to accept the conditions, I just want to remove that small piece of text which I outlined in my previous post. By default, I believe the message within the pop up box is the same for anyone else that have the terms and conditions enabled. 

Looking through the opcheckout.js file, I am unable to find the text to edit.