cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert pop up message for a certain product when a requirement is not met?

Alert pop up message for a certain product when a requirement is not met?

Is it possible to create a pop up message for a certain item when a requirement is not met in Magento 1? 

Situation:

I have a product with 4 product variations. 2 out of the 4 require a minimum purchase of 20 of that item. 

I want to create a message of some kind to alert the user that they need to change the quantity to 20 before adding to the cart. I'm unsure of which code files to touch? 

Now, if there is a work around for this, that would be better. The only one I could think of is to make the product a grouped product. 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Alert pop up message for a certain product when a requirement is not met?

Hello @kanchi777k3aa3 

You can use the advance inventory options for the restricted customer to purchase the minimum quantity of product.

Is the problem solved? Click Accept as Solution! & Click Kudos

Hi @dipmegpro 

It is only just the last two options in the drop down that need min purchase requirement of 20. (See image)

The way my companies SKU number is set up makes grouping the simple products not an option because they need the grouped product and the first product option to have the same sku number. 
4E856CEF-CE1F-44E9-8EE9-0F27EA529FFD.jpeg

Login to admin panel and go to Catalog -> Manage Products.

Click on any product to edit or click on Add Product button.

Click on Inventory tab.

Uncheck Use Config Settings check box for Minimum Qty Allowed in Shopping Cart field and put appropriate value( here is: 20) for the field.

Click on Save button.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert

LitExtension helps store owners and agencies migrate all important data from one eCommerce platform to another accurately, securely and at the highest speed.

Visit website: http://litextension.com/

But I only want two options in the product option drop down to have a min purchase of 20.