cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute page error - Magenotification

Attribute page error - Magenotification

Hi

Our customer's website is having an issue with loading an admin page.

If we go to Catalog->Attributes->Manage Attributes, it displays all the product attributes fine.

Then, when I choose attribute called 'Colour', it displays only the menu and gives an error on system.log such as:

---------------------------------------------------

2019-10-07T11:16:20+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): ^ in /home/customer/public_html/app/code/local/Magestore/Magenotification/Model/Magenotification.php on line 126
2019-10-07T11:16:20+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): Entity: line 9: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: hr line 7 and body in /home/customer/public_html/app/code/local/Magestore/Magenotification/Model/Magenotification.php on line 126
2019-10-07T11:16:20+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): </body></html> in /home/customer/public_html/app/code/local/Magestore/Magenotification/Model/Magenotification.php on line 126
2019-10-07T11:16:20+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): ^ in /home/customer/public_html/app/code/local/Magestore/Magenotification/Model/Magenotification.php on line 126
2019-10-07T11:16:20+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): Entity: line 9: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 4 and html in /home/customer/public_html/app/code/local/Magestore/Magenotification/Model/Magenotification.php on line 126
2019-10-07T11:16:20+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): </body></html> in /home/customer/public_html/app/code/local/Magestore/Magenotification/Model/Magenotification.php on line 126

---------------------------------------------------

I have disabled Magestore/Magenotification, however it gives an same error.

Do you have any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Attribute page error - Magenotification

Hi @tvgarden,

I'm guessing here but probably that model is trying to read some external feed and something is worng with the XML.

How did you disabled the module?

Can you check into /app/etc/modules/Magestore_Magenotification.xml (or something like that) and check if the module is really disabled?

@Damian Culotta  It's disabled from both backend and xml, still same error.

Hi @tvgarden,

Based on the error you shared the module is being called in some way.

Did you clean your cache after the module was disabled?

I guess the test I could try (if I were you) it should be to debug the XML that is being processed by app/code/local/Magestore/Magenotification/Model/Magenotification.php to understand a little bit more about the error.

Also, It could be a good idea to block that notification too. That kind of features are used for self promotion and tracking.