I am desperately trying to make changes in our site's CSS files. These changes are very basic, just color changes in sidebars etc.
When I download the relevant CSS files through FTP and make the changes locally, then re-upload to the server, the changes automatically are removed the CSS file reverts back to how it was before downloading the CSS file.
Within the CSS file, this is the comment above the code:
* Do not edit or add to this file if you wish to upgrade Magento to newer
* versions in the future. If you wish to customize Magento for your
* needs please refer to http://www.magento.com for more information.
* @category design
* @package base_default
* @copyright Copyright (c) 2006-2014 X.commerce, Inc. (http://www.magento.com)
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
We are currently using the PORTO magento theme. Is there anyone who has experienced this issue? Any advice or assistance?
It will depends on the kind of change you apply but if you are using a file that isn't located on the core/original directories, you can change that file. It will be ok. (Remember to create a backup of that file before)