I have a problem adding a custom option to product. When I click on the "Add New Option" button nothing happens? And I have no clue why its happening. Any help would be highly appreciated.
The bug exists on all products, magento 1.9, all products are simple products. I also cannot see any errors in the console. We're running a custom theme. But no core magento files are touched..
This is slightly hard to debug becaouse the contents of the tab is asyncronosly loaded. And sometimes developer tools dont pickup on errors in JS loaded this way.
What you need to check is that the respose body contains the correct JS and if possible find the JS Object productOption in the response and see if the add method does its job correctly.
I hope this helps you along :-)
We found the errors
We found the errors in the js files. Take a look at this:
Error 1: Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
Error 2: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier
We have no extension of that kind installed. At this point im not even sure if those errors are even related. The errors point to the prototype.js file in public_html/js/prototype