When I put an article in the shopping cart I always get the wrong price in the header – the one without tax = 30,67 €. When I open the cart I see the right price with tax = 36,50 €. On top of this everything in the box is in german except the first two lines: "30,67 € – 1 ITEMS" and "You have 1 items in your shopping cart." Any idea how I can change this. In the settings I tried everything, but the upper price never changes.
Here is the screenshot:
These problems are going to come down to how the theme was coded. Use the template path hints to figure out which template file the mini-cart is being populated from. You're probably going to need to wrap the english with the localization code to get german working.
Also watch out for how they're requesting the price data on the quote object. There are a few different ways to request it and you'll probably need to play around with it.
Thanks. Hope I will find it, I'm not so deep in programming .... it seems to be a general problem, because it's the same, when you use the Live-Demo of Flannel.
Yes exactly, the problem is due to the theme coding. Right now that line is just hardcoded in english. You should notify the theme developer and they will fix it.
Do you know in which module the code is and if I change it by myself, especially the problem with the price, because I want to go online in the next days and think it will take longer if I ask the Developer. I don't need a German/English-Version so I can change the hardcode to German ... if I would know where??
I don't specifically know about the locations of the items within that theme, I've never worked with it before. But you can enable Magento Path Hints and see exactly which template file that it's in.
I have a similiar problem with the prices in my drop down box being different from the prices displayed on the page and in the basket.
The headline price and final price in the basket is actually correct.
The prices displayed in the drop down box are 20% less than they should be. The issue is to do with VAT (which is 20%). The prices displayed in the dropdown box have had VAT removed not once, but twice.
This is only an issue for customers who are from outside the European Union who are not charged VAT.
I have identified the file which displays the prices in my template - but not really sure what needs changing.
I have checked and double checked the tax settings on the products, customer groups and tax rules and I think these are all correct.
RobShaw, I would start by enabling the default theme to confirm if the problem still exists. This will help you narrow down on the specific area that's causing the problem.