cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get information from external site after we got the payment

Get information from external site after we got the payment

Hi all,

I am completely new to Magento and want to know if Magento is capable for our custom usage.

We have a external site managing serial numbers of product and it has a SOAP interface to query information.

Is it possible for Magento to do the query after the payment confirmation and insert the responded serial number in confirm email?

Or is there a plugin doing this?

If there is not, could you tell me where should I start to study? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Get information from external site after we got the payment

Hi @hsuan hao_chang,

The short answer is "Yes".

But is a little bit harder to explain why because a lot of data is needed to try to explain the workflow.

Well, first you need to know some tech specifications to see how to connect (using SOAP, of course) and which data is needed in both sides.

Also, you will need to share some workflow details to see which moment is the best moment to sync the data (for your business and Magento).

If you aren't sure about it and you don't want to share some private info maybe you could start by looking qualified support on:

Again, the answer is still "Yes", but there are several details that you should share to study the best approach.

(my 2 cents)

Test

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response.

Let me describe the case in more detail.

We are going to sell our own software.

Each of the sold software package should have an unique serial number to activate it.

Currently, the serial number generator is on a server and the generated number could be retrieved via SOAP request.

We also have a file server that could generate a temporary download link.

What we want to do is to attach this serial number and the download link to the letter sent to customer right after he completed the purchase.

Thanks.

Hi @hsuan hao_chang,

This reminds me to Magento developers selling modules using Magento as platform.

Sometimes they invite the user to enter into the account and create the serial number.

Other approach (maybe) could be to use the place order after event or maybe the  after the invoice is created to attach the data or send a new email with that information.

I guess you should try to explore both scenarios to see which one fits better for you.

(my 2 cents)