cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use custom search form inputs in magento CE 1.9

How to use custom search form inputs in magento CE 1.9

I have a static block that has a form with two radio button and one input box.

<form id="prod-selector" action="&lt;?php echo $this-&gt;getSearchPostUrl() ?&gt;" method="POST">
    <div class="input-wrapper">
<h3>Drilling Brand</h3>
        <ul>
            <li>
                <input class="input-text validate-one-required-by-name" type="radio" value="bosch" name="torque-action" />
                <label for="">Bosch</label>
            </li>
            <li>
                <input class="input-text validate-one-required-by-name" type="radio" value="AEG" name="torque-action" />
                <label for="">AEG</label>
            </li>
        </ul>
    </div>
<h3>Power</h3>
        <ul>
            <li><label for="">Enter Your Torque Required:</label></li>
            <li><input class="input-text validate-no-html-tags validate-alphanum-with-spaces" type="text" placeholder="Torque Required" name="torque-required" /></li>
        </ul>
    </div>
<h3>Metric unit</h3>
        <ul>
            <li>
                <input class="input-text validate-one-required-by-name" type="radio" value="torque tools" name="torque-action" />
                <label for="">ft. lbs.</label>
            </li>
            <li>
                    <input class="input-text validate-one-required-by-name" type="radio" value="calibration" name="torque-action" />
                    <label for="">N.m</label></li>
                <li>
                <input class="input-text validate-one-required-by-name" type="radio" value="torque tools" name="torque-action" />
                <label for="">Kgf.m</label>
            </li>
        </ul>
    </div>
    <div class="input-wrapper input-submit">
        <input id="hideit" style="display: none !important;" type="text" value="" name="hideit" />
        <button class="button" type="submit">Submit</button>
    </div>
</form>

I have three attribute brand Bosch, AEG and Hitachi but Hitachi will be temporarily not available in the advance search. I also have Three metric unit ft. lbs, N.m, and Kgf.m that has individual values. The input field will accept only numeric.

The user will select which brand, input what force they need and choose what specific metric unit they are looking.

How can I used this form to achieve search result?

If I am going to overide or duplicate search core module, what are the files that I need to copy and what file will I update to put my logical conditions?

Thanks in advance!