cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a bunch of customers being created on my magento 1.9 site, garbage names, nothing else

I have a bunch of customers being created on my magento 1.9 site, garbage names, nothing else

Names are generally something like 'EdwardMof EdwardMof EdwardMofJY' with some combination of first/middle/last being the same. They are using legitimate emails and confirming their emails and then nothing. Not logging in, no orders, no items in cart, no wishlist, nothing. Most common email domains are yandex.com, mail.ru, yahoo.com, and gmail.com. Majority of them have two capital letters at the end of their last name, OK, MY, VO, AT

I have no idea why they are creating these accounts, has this happened to anyone else

1 REPLY 1

Re: I have a bunch of customers being created on my magento 1.9 site, garbage names, nothing else

@mantramaped059 

Your site is attacked by some hackers, Recently I got news that many sites were attacker, to prevent this you can enable captcha in registration page.

to enable captcha

Go to System->Configuration->Customers->Customer Configuration->Enable captcha

OR install google invisible captcha( mageplaza Google reCaptcha - Invisible CAPTCHA) asap on your website on all forms and then remove all fake accounts created.

After that find out IP which is accessing your server put that in blacklist.

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/