cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP configuration/connectivity Question

SOLVED

IP configuration/connectivity Question

Hello to the Magento Forum! I'm running a LAMP stack with Magento CE installed in a development environment, and I'm trying to link my Magento server to another computer over a LAN so I can test out the website on a client computer. Both computers have static IP addresses (Both 192.168.3.xx), they can ping each other, and I can access some of the files on the Magento server from the client by using the server's IP address to substitute for a website name. However, I can't access 192.168.3.xx/magento or any sub-files; it appears that the 192.168.3.xx/magento request redirects to 127.0.0.1/magento, which confuses the client computer. When I try to access these files from the server's browser, they come up fine.

I considered that it could be an Apache issue; however, the problem pretty much only comes up when I try to access files in the Magento subdirectory from the client computer (Apache's index.html file, and several .php files in the same directory come up fine).

So my question is: Is there a Magento file that redirects Magento requests to 127.0.0.1, or is this an Apache (or some other program's) issue? And how do I fix this so I can access Magento through a client computer over a LAN?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES

Re: IP configuration/connectivity Question

Hello @pitcherplant96

 

Not exactly sure, but you can try one thing if helps,

Go to phpmyadmin find the core_config_data table, and in secure and unsecure url enter,

http://192.168.3.xx/magento/ 

 

Try accessing using this url in the local and LAN computer.

Try and let me know.

 

Found something useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation.
Free Magento Extensions : https://magecomp.com/free-magento-extensions.html

Re: IP configuration/connectivity Question

Hello, @theMageComp!

Thanks for your input. I changed the values of web/secure/base_url and web/unsecure/base_url to what you said (they were http://127.0.0.1/magento/ before, I believe), but there hasn't been any change.

I can also access phpMyAdmin through both the server and the LAN computer. I hadn't tried that before, so I don't know whether that was always the case or not. (I had installed PMA, but I hadn't travelled the Magento road far enough to need it yet. It also wasn't working properly due to a permissions issue, which is now fixed.)

EDIT: Well, it's working now... I guess it needed some time after changing the table for it to gointo effect. Thanks theMageComp!