cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.

Hey Peeps I'm running into this error right now and it's preventing me from saving any of my products. I've read all that Google knows about the topic and it's not much. If anybody has some insight, I'm all ears.

Enterprise Architect

800-207-1221
https://merchantprotocol.com

Magento Extension Developers

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.

Hi @jonathonbyrd 

Could you try and be a bit more specific, what type of error message you are getting?

If its just that you don't want to only specify images for one store, you can set the images attributes to be global attributes in:

Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes?

Try to make sure the SKU is filled in the GENERAL tab, and then try to save again. I can understand the error message is not very descriptive.

NOt useful.

Hi

This is not an error but an informational message from Magento just letting you know that if you do have multiple stores you would need to select what image you want to use for the base image etc on each of them.

It should not prevent you from saving products. In fact, you can save products with no images at all.

What happens when you try saving the product from general tab? Does it switch you to the images tab?

Regards,

Andy

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Post update: the informational meesage is still there: Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.

It should use the default image as long as you are set on the Default store, no matter of how many stores do you have.

The version that I'm using is Magento ver. 1.9.2.1. I tried the following with no success:

1) Navigate to System -> Manage stores
2) Click one each of your store views, and choose “disable”
3) Save
4) Clear all cache
5) re-enable your store view
6) clear cache again

Br,
Kalif

Since upgrading to 1.9.2.3, I am having this problem with multi store. Has anyone with multi-store come across this problem?

Hello,

I know that this is kinda old post and just to people like me this is my solution.

I solved this through intalling flash player or upgrading flash player and the buttons will appear.

Or use this instead without intalling flash - http://astrio.net/blog/disable-flash-uploader-in-magento/ (credit to Oleg Chehovsky)

Regards,

Niño R.

Error: Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.

I had this problem. It was caused by the lack of Flash Player on my Browser. I Instaledl Flash Player and right.
You should install Flash Player pluging and is solved. Try here: https://helpx.adobe.com/es/flash-player.html

--

En español

Error: Tipo de imagen y la información deben ser especificados para cada vista de tienda.

Yo tuve este problema. Era causado por la falta del Flash Player en mi Navegador. Yo instalé el Plugin de Adobe y listo.

Deberías instalarlo desde Adobe. Pruébalo aquí: https://helpx.adobe.com/es/flash-player.html

I used magento version 1.9.2.4 and php 7.0. And I couldn't upload images. Magento show:

Then I looked to browser developer tools console. The console showed this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Function name must be a string in root directory /lib/Varien/File/Uploader.php:274

The Solution for this error is:

The line lib/Varien/File/Uploader.php:274

$params['object']->$params['method']($this->_file['tmp_name']);

should be

$params['object']->{$params['method']}($this->_file['tmp_name']);

Great solution thank you

Spoiler
Smiley Happy