cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment reference number

SOLVED

Payment reference number

We are using Magento Enterprise 1.14.0.1 with a payment bridge and CyberSource.

Through CyberSource's dashboard we are able to see a "merchant reference number", which is the same length and same characters as an md5 hash. I believe that number is passed in to CyberSource from Magento.

What I'm looking for is a way to pair up the transactions in CyberSource with our Magento orders, but I'm not sure how that "merchant reference number" is being generated.

I grep'd code/core/Enterprise for md5 and have tried md5sum-ing various bits of order information (each of: entity_id, increment_id, quote_id) and seeing if there's a match, but no luck so far.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Payment reference number

code/core/Enterprise/Pbridge/Model/Payment/Method/Pbridge.php#_importResultToPayment() is setting the Request ID used by CyberSource which makes its way into the db:

SELECT sh.comment, so.entity_id, so.increment_id
FROM sales_flat_order_status_history sh
INNER JOIN sales_flat_order so
ON sh.parent_id = so.entity_id
WHERE comment LIKE 'Original gateway transaction id:%';

I just need a CyberSource ID = Magento ID lookup and seeing where the CyberSource ID is being set should be enough to work out a solution. Thanks for the responses

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I'm really surprised that there's no linking reference number in CyberSource to help you out. You can't bank on the reference number if it's hashed. Can you screenshot a sample record in CyberSource for me?

Enterprise Architect

800-207-1221
https://merchantprotocol.com

Magento Extension Developers

I spoke with Cybersource and they said the Merchant Reference Number is untouched by them, it's whatever our system sends. There are more fields for the items purchased below what's in the screenshot, but nothing that seems to relate to our Magento order/quote number.

What plugin are you using to connect with cybersource? Can you provide me with a link?

Enterprise Architect

800-207-1221
https://merchantprotocol.com

Magento Extension Developers

We're using the Payment Bridge in Magento Enterprise to connect to CyberSource.

You can contact a third party Magento developer company to solve this for you, or ask the developer to fix it.

code/core/Enterprise/Pbridge/Model/Payment/Method/Pbridge.php#_importResultToPayment() is setting the Request ID used by CyberSource which makes its way into the db:

SELECT sh.comment, so.entity_id, so.increment_id
FROM sales_flat_order_status_history sh
INNER JOIN sales_flat_order so
ON sh.parent_id = so.entity_id
WHERE comment LIKE 'Original gateway transaction id:%';

I just need a CyberSource ID = Magento ID lookup and seeing where the CyberSource ID is being set should be enough to work out a solution. Thanks for the responses