cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sub-catagories showing up in store- help please!

Problem with sub-catagories showing up in store- help please!

Hi Guys, 

I'm having problems getting my products to show up in the store. I think its something to do with my root/sub-catagories not conecting with my site. I've already tried- checking that products status is enabled, visability, catalog/search, inventory is there and product is in stock, its assigned to catagories, websites are assigned... in the catagories everything is visable... same with the wesbites- Can anyone help me with what I'm doing wrong/missing??  

Thanks, Nikki Smiley Happy 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Problem with sub-catagories showing up in store- help please!

@Nicolaticola

Please check the system.log and exception.log files. 

These files are available at Magento Root > Var > Log

Check and let me know if any errors are mentioned in these files.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Re: Problem with sub-catagories showing up in store- help please!

Hi @theMageComp

I contacted my hosting company- and yes, apparenty they found over 500 errors! They reloaded magento for me which seems to have solved the problem. 

Out of interest- although the product is now visiable on the site none of the images seem to be working. They're uploading, but not showing as thumbnails in the back end- and not at all on the front end... The files aren't excluded, they're under 2MB (more like 800kb), I've refreshed the cache, re-indexed, tried disabling the site- then refresh the cache and re-index, uploading the pictures again... Do you have any suggestions for what else I could do? I've just tried to update magento with security patches and the MagentoConnect Manager doesn't seem to be working either....??

I'll start a new comments if thats perferable... 

Thanks btw- nicolaticola