cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products Vanish after re-index

Products Vanish after re-index

I have imported about 10,000 products from a Magento1 website and copied all the product related tables onto Magento1 on new server.

After copying tables the products were visible on frontend and backend, however after running re-index they vanished.

After spending a long long time, I found  `mg_catalog_product_index_price` is empty.

If I copy the table from old server, products come back.

Do you have any ideas why these products become hidden and this particular table becomes empty after re-index?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Products Vanish after re-index

Hi,

You most probably copied/migrated your products incorrectly. catalog_product_index_price is an indexer table which is regenerated when you run a reindex. If there is an issue with your product tables then that table will become empty as no products match the criteria to be inserted into this table. I do notice that you have a table prefix of mg, does your migrated product tables also have the correct prefix?

If my answer helps you solve your problem don't forget to accept it as a solution.

Hi @agreeff 

Yes, on the new website I have added mg_ as the prefix, and I added 'mg_' to the old website to make migration easier.

I have copied these tables:

• catalog_product_entity
  • catalog_product_entity_int|varchar|text|datetime|decimal
  • catalog_product_website
  • catalog_category_product
  • catalog_product_entity_gallery, catalog_product_entity_media_gallery, catalog_product_entity_media_gallery_value 
  • catalog_product_link 
  • catalog_product_link_attribute, catalog_product_link_attribute_decimal|int|varchar
  • catalog_product_entity_tier_price 
  • catalog_product_option 
  • catalog_product_option_price 
  • catalog_product_option_title 
  • catalog_product_option_type_value
  • catalog_product_option_type_price
  • catalog_product_relation 
  • donwloadable_

Copying tables is bad practice. Is there any reason why you couldn't export them from the old site and import on the new ones? Essentially your problem is that the relations in the db are completely broken.

If my answer helps you solve your problem don't forget to accept it as a solution.

Did you manage to solve the problem? If my suggestions helped please accept it as answer.

Hi @agreeff

Yes I have. but in a different way.

However I agree with your opinion.

I'm doing this way for a customer.