cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Zen-Cart to Magento and moving Magento site folder to main public folder

Switching from Zen-Cart to Magento and moving Magento site folder to main public folder

My website when you type the domain sends you to the current Zen-Cart shopping cart.  I have populated my Magento cart with my products and I'm now ready to make my new Magento shopping cart the main cart when people go to the website.  Right now the Magento is a folder off the public folder that you have to type in the /magento/ after the domain for example, "www.MY_DOMAIN.com/magento/".  I want to now have the Magento cart show up when customers type just our website for example, "www.MY_DOMAIN.com".  I know that I can just do a URL permanent forward but I would like it so when you see the address box it no longer has the forward slash magento.

www.MY_DOMAIN.com (this is current a Zen-Cart shopping cart)

www.MY_DOMAIN.com/magento/ (this is where my Magento shopping cart is)

1 REPLY 1

Re: Switching from Zen-Cart to Magento and moving Magento site folder to main public folder

Hi,

You can have ZenCart code moved to another place then copy code Magento folder and paste it in public_folder. After that, go to database then find core_config_data, look for web/unsecure/base_url, web/secure/base_url then have valued changed into  http://www.my_domain.com/

For further help, you can reach out to this and ask for more support.