I have a blog extension on a test environment which used to work ok, the extension added a tab in the admin page to edit/add new posts. This past week I did not install anything new but just configured some new websites/stores for the multi-store environment (like changing logo, configuring categories, etc), the Magento installation already was configured multisite at the time the blog extension worked. After a few days of not using it, when I tried adding a new blog post for one of the new store-view I added, the extension started giving me "404 not found" when I try to add a new post or edit existing ones. It's the only 404 I get from my Magento installation, everything works fine. I tried finding clues on Magento logs in /var folder, logs just show the page was not found but nothing about the possible reasons.
There are procedures to enable to have a more verbose output from Magento about what's missing or what's wrong in my installation? Any suggestion on how to find more clues is appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Some solutions for you :
- Clear all cache/session (remove or rename folder: var/cache and var/session(or core_session table in DB)) and try again
- Reinstall extension (please delete record of that extension in DB also: core_resouce table)
- Enable error logs (check error log in var/log or var/reports)
- Read Review + Q&A tabs of extension installed (on Magento Connect)
the DB tables you mention is valuable info, thanks! I'll check those in a minute.
Since site is still in dev phase I have all the cache mechanism disabled (but I notice Zend caches anyway small things inside var/cache/) and the error logs aren't that much of help (they just report the 404 and nothing more).
But I'll start investigating those tables in the DB then proceed reinstalling extension files completely.
Thank you for your time and help!
Hi, if you're interested you can give me a Kudos mark (mark it as right answer/solution then: Accept as Solution).