cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

menus 'walking' to the left on hover

SOLVED

menus 'walking' to the left on hover

Whenever user hovers mouse pointer over the main menu, the dropdown menu popup for that menu item 'walks' a few mm to the left on each hover - of 8 main menu items, this 'walking' only happens on items 2,4,7 and 8 - on the other main menu items (1,3,5 &6) the drop down menu display doesn't walk to the left, but instead appears in exactly the same anchored position.

Presumably, this is controlled by code somewhere - the question is where - and how do i find it!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: menus 'walking' to the left on hover

Hello @thetoycentre,

There is some CSS issue, Please add below code in skin/frontend/default/forest_classyshop/css/styles.css file in the end of code and clear cache.

#custommenu div.column {
	width: 220px;
}
#popup234, #popup235, #popup236, #popup237, #popup238, #popup283, #popup337, #popup338, #popup332 {
    width: 99%;
    left: 0!important;
}

Let us know if you still got an issue.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

View solution in original post

Hi,

Thanks for helping with this, very much appreciated...

I copied and pasted the code you suggested into styles.css file directly below the last line of existing code, tested the menus, found that they still walked (no change) - so I reinstated the unedited Styles.css to the server directory.

I'll reinstate the code and leave it there for now so you can try it :-) 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @thetoycentre,

Can you please provide me link of website and Have you used any third party extension for it?

--

I think the issue might be due to CSS as well. It will not be possible to provide any suggestion without checking the issue. So kindly share the site URL.

Https://www.thetoycentre.co.uk
As far as I’m aware, no menu plug in is in use ... but, being a bit green ... you might advise me differently :-/

Hello @thetoycentre,

There is some CSS issue, Please add below code in skin/frontend/default/forest_classyshop/css/styles.css file in the end of code and clear cache.

#custommenu div.column {
	width: 220px;
}
#popup234, #popup235, #popup236, #popup237, #popup238, #popup283, #popup337, #popup338, #popup332 {
    width: 99%;
    left: 0!important;
}

Let us know if you still got an issue.

--

Thanks for the reply gelanivishal..

Unfortunately, made no difference to the problem.

I paste the code below the final line of code in the styles.css file, delted the magento cache on the server var folder and cleared my local cache.

Logged into the website, the same menus still 'walk' to the left as before.

They walk to the left until they reach a certain point, then stay at that point, just off the screen -  (for instance, menu item two, walks 8 time to the left - then goes no further. Menu 8 walks to the left 8 times, then the sub menu items scroll to the left and dissapear on each mouse hover...) 

Hello @thetoycentre,

I have checked and didn't find my code in your stylesheet. Please check it https://www.thetoycentre.co.uk/skin/frontend/default/forest_classyshop/css/styles.css

Please add it and let me know, It will works, I'm 100% sure.

--

Hi,

Thanks for helping with this, very much appreciated...

I copied and pasted the code you suggested into styles.css file directly below the last line of existing code, tested the menus, found that they still walked (no change) - so I reinstated the unedited Styles.css to the server directory.

I'll reinstate the code and leave it there for now so you can try it :-)