cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order confirmation email sent to the wrong email

order confirmation email sent to the wrong email

Magento ver. 1.9.2.1

Set up on a VPS

I have had 2 magento stores both have reported that an order conformation email got sent to the wrong customer. both stores are from this morning.  I do know that the one store did generate the new order form the admin area, I am asking the 2nd store if its the same.

looking at both stores, and the orders in question, the information in the admin panel is correct, the emails that got fwd to me from the client does show that the email that the order conformation was sent to was the wrong account. Its is sending to an account in the system (so its not a random email). Even the information in the emails are the correct information. it just sent to the wrong email.

I cannot see any cross over or any issues in the order panel.

has any one had any similar issues and can help me track down what might of happened.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: order confirmation email sent to the wrong email

I am having a similar issue.

Did you find any resolution?

Are you using SMTP pro to send emails?

I am having the same issue.

Did you find any resolution?

Thanks a lot!

Leo

Similar issue has been discussed here:

https://community.magento.com/t5/Programming-Questions/New-order-email-messages-send-to-prior-custom...

It seems to be caused by table "core_email_queue" and table "core_email_queue_recipients" are out of sync. Truncating both tables would help solve the issue but not sure why this would happen in the first place.