Did you mean: 

product category

product category

My current setup is like this.

• main website
    • main website store
      • store view English
      • store view Chinese

i'm able to and know how to add  products to the default category (english view).

However, how should I handle it, when I want to have my same product catalog/product detail translated into chinese when that store view is selected?

From what i can tell , this is what i can do?

1. create a product1 in english, create a product 1 in chinese in manage product?

2. i have a english product category and chinese product category shared the same root cateory

3. add product1 in english to english category and add product 1 in chinese to chinese product category

4. however when i did a switch of language in the website on that specify product , the lanuage still remain the same. aprt from that 

5. there will be error messages if i did a switch of language. e.g chinese to english on product category or specify product detail page.

just a add on: do i need to apporach URL rewrite management for products in my case? please advise how to do this too.

is there anything i missed or does wrong?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: product category

Hi @DesmondOng

Can you specify your exact requirement? Becasue generally products are created and converted automatically when the store is changed from the front.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

@MayurSisodia i have a live site http://gokujolab.com/index.php/our-product.html under editing.

----product category-----

1. when i do a switch of store view on product (main product nav) it causes error.

2. when i do a switchof store view on Standard/ Premium / Bundle (Sub product Nav) it remain in english store view content.

3. same as 2 when i wish to conduct a switch of store view in specify product page.

these applies to a switch between eng to chinese or chinese to eng.

What i've done is , i have created product 1 in chinese and product 1 in english.

i put product 1 in chinese  inside chinese cateogory and product 1 in english inside english category

What's the outcome i wish to obtain:

Able to do a switch of language in Product (main product nav), Standard/ Premium / Bundle (Sub product Nav) and individual listed product without causing error or conflict.

is there anything i missed, thanks for apporaching my question.

I just looked at the given URL. Can you please explain me these things?
1. When I do a switch of store view on product (main product nav) it causes the error.
----- Which error you are facing? Specify with image. Becasue I just tried but i'm not getting any error.

2. When I do a switch of store view on Standard/ Premium/Bundle (Sub product Nav) it remain in english store view content.
----- for this you need to add the diffrent text into the proper language CSV file, so it can be translated into the language you want.

3. Same as 2 when i wish to conduct a switch of store view in specify product page.
----- same as 2nd reply.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!