My current setup is like this.
i'm able to and know how to add products to the default category (english view).
However, how should I handle it, when I want to have my same product catalog/product detail translated into chinese when that store view is selected?
From what i can tell , this is what i can do?
1. create a product1 in english, create a product 1 in chinese in manage product?
2. i have a english product category and chinese product category shared the same root cateory
3. add product1 in english to english category and add product 1 in chinese to chinese product category
4. however when i did a switch of language in the website on that specify product , the lanuage still remain the same. aprt from that
5. there will be error messages if i did a switch of language. e.g chinese to english on product category or specify product detail page.
just a add on: do i need to apporach URL rewrite management for products in my case? please advise how to do this too.
is there anything i missed or does wrong?
Can you specify your exact requirement? Becasue generally products are created and converted automatically when the store is changed from the front.
1. when i do a switch of store view on product (main product nav) it causes error.
2. when i do a switchof store view on Standard/ Premium / Bundle (Sub product Nav) it remain in english store view content.
3. same as 2 when i wish to conduct a switch of store view in specify product page.
these applies to a switch between eng to chinese or chinese to eng.
What i've done is , i have created product 1 in chinese and product 1 in english.
i put product 1 in chinese inside chinese cateogory and product 1 in english inside english category
What's the outcome i wish to obtain:
Able to do a switch of language in Product (main product nav), Standard/ Premium / Bundle (Sub product Nav) and individual listed product without causing error or conflict.
is there anything i missed, thanks for apporaching my question.
I just looked at the given URL. Can you please explain me these things?
1. When I do a switch of store view on product (main product nav) it causes the error.
----- Which error you are facing? Specify with image. Becasue I just tried but i'm not getting any error.
2. When I do a switch of store view on Standard/ Premium/Bundle (Sub product Nav) it remain in english store view content.
----- for this you need to add the diffrent text into the proper language CSV file, so it can be translated into the language you want.
3. Same as 2 when i wish to conduct a switch of store view in specify product page.
----- same as 2nd reply.