I applied the patch which seemed to work OK - there were a couple of lines before the success message.
Site seemed to load fine, but admin site just returned a 500 error
I reverted the patch using the -R switch and all returned to normal.
I've had a look in the error logs but not really sure what I'm looking for - what information should I post here in order to get some help!
I'm suspecting permissions somewhere or overwriting of .htaccess files...
I haven't tried again as yet as I didn't have any specific ideas to try out. If there is any info that might solve this issue for me, it would be handy to know.
According to phpinfo() I'm running 5.5.9 so that's not the issue.
I did see another thread that suggested clearing the cache and session folders before trying the admin login, so I'll try that and report back.
Okay, let me know how it goes. Did you have the compiler enabled during the patch application? If so, also go to system > configuration > Tools > Magento Compiler and clear the compiled cache.
We have the same issue .. and going to the System >> Configuration now produces a 500 error ... with nothing writing to Apache's logs, nothing in mod_security.
The website encountered an error while retrieving (url redacted) /admin/system_config/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Site's up .. it is this function ..
Thanks, but we're way beyond the simple stuff.
We're reviewing the Stack Exchange thread ... I have 10 designers/developers on staff ... we'll get it figured out.. and post what we find for everyone else.
It's not very confidence boosting that a patch like this destroys arbitrary functions throughout the cart. None of the carts we're seeing this on are modified beyond stock & presentation layer.